Reblogged from healthinthemoment :
(I adapted this post from tumblrgym)
These 9 fitness swaps will lead to major changes.
- Planks for crunches. Planks work your entire core.
- Interval workout for a relaxed run. Twenty minutes of sprinting with some walking recovery will kick up the heat even more than a slow pace run.
- Incline for flat treadmill. Crank up the incline and feel the muscle-building burn!
- Free weights for machines. Skip the big machines and pick up the free weights. They’re more versatile and allow for a full range of motion in the joints.
- Pull-ups for bicep curls. Pull-ups are not only impressive but they work more than one muscle.
- Squats for leg press. Amp up your training session by doing squats to strengthen all the leg muscles (including your butt)!
- Rowing for biking. Take advantage of the rowing machine instead of the bike; it’s a super upper and lower body exercise.
- Stairs for escalator. We’ve heard the tip a million times, climb the stairs to burn some extra calories.
- Homemade post-workout snack for a protein bar. Bring a PB&J or another post-workout snack to the gym rather than buying a protein bar. You need some after exercise fuel, but don’t get it in the form of excess sugar!
i need to follow more people! <3
Theme by Lauren Ashpole